Friday, February 05, 2010

Flashback Friday--August 2009

Today, Owen's class celebrated Japan Day and the entire event served as yet another reminder of how much I love our little school. The intention to send Owen to a Montessori school was born some time ago...a story for another time. However, during the last 2.5 years, the decision has been confirmed and validated many times over. Owen is thriving, is learning in ways that I appreciate more and more each day and is confident and happy.

This photo, taken on the first day of this school year (his 3rd year in Primary) is one of my favorite shots of all time. At the risk of sounding sappy, I will just say that it completely sums up the beauty of the environment and what he gets from it. So grateful for our experience at Casa.

1 comment:

Dot Dot said...

What a beautiful, wholesome environment!! His grandmother joins you whole-heartedly in your gratitude!