Last week, Owen's school hosted an event for the Primary students (pre-K and K). For this event, the students got out of school early and went to an off-campus location for lunch and a magic show.
The shindig took place smack in the middle of Bennett's usual nap time. With some reservation, I had him skip nap and tag along to the show thinking he might just hang with me while the 'big kids' enjoyed their celebration. Instead, he joined Owen and his classmates at the absolute front of the crowd and jumped right in the mix without looking back.
Much to his absolute giddiness, Bennett was even picked from the audience to help with one of the magic tricks. (never mind that he isn't a student and shouldn't have been there in the first place!) He was over the moon about his small part in the show.
When it was over, I asked if he had fun hanging out with Owen and his friends. His response? "Yeah! I'm a weel big boy, mommy!" So true, so true.
The shindig took place smack in the middle of Bennett's usual nap time. With some reservation, I had him skip nap and tag along to the show thinking he might just hang with me while the 'big kids' enjoyed their celebration. Instead, he joined Owen and his classmates at the absolute front of the crowd and jumped right in the mix without looking back.
Much to his absolute giddiness, Bennett was even picked from the audience to help with one of the magic tricks. (never mind that he isn't a student and shouldn't have been there in the first place!) He was over the moon about his small part in the show.
When it was over, I asked if he had fun hanging out with Owen and his friends. His response? "Yeah! I'm a weel big boy, mommy!" So true, so true.



2 comments:
One would never know that at the magic show your "weel big boy" was missing his nap. His signature "weel big smile" was very much on display! :-) What fun for everyone -- and what joy to see and hear about it!!!
I LOVE IT!!! He is a "Weel Big Boy" who will hold his own in any situation! He looks and acts just like you! You were popping out of a drum box as the Pink Panther for half time in the Citrus Bowl at his age! Both of Gram's Boys are awesome!! I hope you can keep the blog up even monthly, so I can see the boys grow and change! Much love to all of you.
Post a Comment