Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dang it, Darn it!

Yesterday morning, I spent some time working on school auction stuff while Bennett busied himself running between the office, the playroom and the kitchen. At one point, I heard, "Uh oh. Moooooommmyyy...I pilled my milk."

I ask if it's a big spill, readying myself for a huge puddle on the carpet or something similar.

"Yeah, it a big pill. But I'm going to cween it up." After verifying that it was on the kitchen chair (and not the carpet), I keep on working and allow him the space to take care of it hiimself.

A minute or 2 later, I hear "Dang it, Darn it!" This, of course, merits my further investigation. (and then warranted grabbing the camera to document).

Poor kid was trying hard to take care of the situation on his own and then just created another.















Making the scene even funnier is the fact that I have no idea what happened to his pants or why he would choose to put shoes back on with no bottoms.

And notice that diaper? Yeah well...i know it is poor form to make comparisons between your children, but Owen was out of those things well before this age. Little brother is taking his own sweet time.

And Bennett's take on the matter last week? "I'm going to wear dees diapers for da rest of my wife."

DANG IT, DARN IT!

(PS--This is where I add that of all the expletives the child might have possibly heard in his life, I am SO glad this is the one that stuck)

1 comment:

Dot Dot said...

Bless his heart!! The dang things are supposed to tear off, darn it!! I've certainly had my moments with things that won't come apart like they're supposed to. All I can say is, he used a lot of restraint in his choice of words!! :-) And about the diapers -- I doubt he'll be wearing them his "whole wife" -- It may just seem like that to you!!