Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Promises, Promises

I can't count how many times I've recently responded to someone's request for more photos/updates/etc with something like, "I'm trying to get caught up, I PROMISE." I've made so many empty promises, it's just plain sad. And what is even more sad is that I really mean it when I say it. I DO want to get caught up. I DO want to get back to regular blog posts. I DO want to actually fill in baby books and photo albums and record all these wonderful, silly, frustrating and exhausting things that make up my days. I know that there may come a time (like next week) that I'll wish I had written down that incredibly hilarious and unexpected conversation I had with Owen. I'll wish that I had more video of all the adorable cooing that Bennett is doing right now. And even when I do capture those precious moments, I rarely find the time to preserve it or share it here. I WANT to, I do. I just can't seem to make it happen on a regular basis. I'm sure that if I tried really hard, I could carve out some time to sit down and write a few words each week. But the truth is, I'd rather go live it than record it. And so we continue to play too hard, stay out too much and run furiously until the sun goes down. And while we're doing that, I'll continue to be harried and scattered and apologetic for the lack of response and communication. But, you can be sure of one thing. I am taking advantage of every moment I can find to love on my boys. I PROMISE.



No comments: