When talking about "my big boy", you might assume I was referencing the older child. However, it is also a fitting term for our newest addition as well. As you already know, at birth, Bennett weighed in a full 2 pounds heavier than Owen's birth weight (they were both born at 39 weeks). Well, at the rate he is growing, he threatens to outpace his big brother very soon. And talk about STRONG...while we might have thought it impossible, Bennett has already begun to roll over from front to back (a feat usually accomplished more around the 2-3 month mark). Not. Even. Kidding. The first time we thought we were just mistaken (wait, maybe I left him on his side, not his tummy). After the next time or so, we thought we'd catch it on tape to be sure. Yep, rolling over. The warning from the pediatrician was very clear, "don't take your eyes off this boy for a second." (NOTE: I would post the video for you to see here but my husband seems to think the 20 seconds of crying and the fact that the child comes perilously close to rolling over the edge of a table is reason enough not to post it for public viewing. Bloomin' lawyers.)
I mean, just look at those muscles.
And those cheeks.
At his 1 month appointment, Bennett weighed....drum roll, please...13 pounds. Yes, 13 POUNDS! While Owen finds himself in the 10th percentile (and lower) on the weight-for-age charts, Bennett is in the, um, 100th percentile. He is also in the 85th percentile for height. So, when I talk about 2 extremes...2 opposite ends of the spectrum...you know that I'm not kidding. (*It may be important to note that Rob weighed a hefty 13 pounds, 10 ounces at his one-month visit! So, there you go.)
One need only take a glance to see that the 2 boys are opposite in so many ways. From hair color to skin tone, you wouldn't immediately guess that these 2 were brothers. And while it is FAR too early to make such predictions, I do find myself thinking that I just might have gotten my wish about that "mellow" personality. We shall see.
I can tell you something these kiddos DO share...a mommy and daddy who love them fiercely and can't wait to see what the future holds for both.


3 comments:
Wow!! Now I am even more excited than ever to get up there and see both MY BIG BOY Grandsons!! Leaving for the airport in about an hour, see you all in just a few hours! ****Those are kissable cheeks for sure!!
ROLLING OVER?
Wow!
he looks like owen in a lot of ways, I think!!
wish you were here so I could squeeze him (or rather, that *he* could squeeze *me*! Muscles, indeed!!
He's beautiful and Owne looks so proud!
Right... Mr. Alec Hamilton will weigh NO MORW than 8lbs at his one month visit. Maybe 8lbs 2oz MAX! That is all.
Those cheeks are just sweet!!
Post a Comment