Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Really?

Tonight was Math Night at Owen's school. Originally on my calendar as a parent study group, I learned that students were included as well and would be demonstrating some of their recent math lessons to the parents in attendance.
Ok, so...ummm...I didn't fully comprehend until I arrived to sit at Owen's station for a lesson. My son then proceeded to instruct me, and tens of other parents rotating through his station, on 'commutative law'. Yeah, that.

And he got it. Like got it. And if you sat down for a lesson, he wasn't letting you leave the station until you got it too. "It doesn't work on subtraction you know. It doesn't make sense. Just addition and multiplication. Lemme show you."

All the kids were just fantastic. You know, they can surprise the hell out of you if you just let them.

Really.
































No comments: